Incoming webhooks are an easy way to share information from external sources with your workspace.
For receiving notification from 365andup.com, through slack follow these steps:
- Create a Slack app (If you don't have one already).
- Enable incoming webhooks:
- After logging into your account, go to settings via your app's management dashboard).
- From here select the incoming Webhooks feature, and click the 'Activate Incoming Webhooks' toggle to switch it on.
- Create incoming webhook:
- After enabling the incoming webhooks, add new webhook by clicking the button named "Add New Webhook to Workspace".
- Provide this webhook URL in the textbox under Slack section in 365andup.com alert settings.
For receiving notification from 365andup.com, user have to provide zendesk domain, email and an API key.
If you have an account already, the zendesk domain and email will be with you by default. You are good to go.
For getting the API Key, follow the steps:
- Go to settings.
- Click on API under Channel section in side bar.
- Enable Token Access by clicking toggle button on right side.
- Create a new API key by clicking the button with "plus" icon.
Note: Make sure to copy and store this token. They won't show it again after you click Save or leave this page.
Here's how you can get your API key:
- Login to your Freshworks account. (Create a new one if you don't have and verify via email)
- Click on your Profile Picture on the top right and select "Profile Settings".
- In the sidebar on the right, you will find the API Key.
Microsoft Teams Integration
365andUP uses Incoming webhooks to generate and notify alerts with your workspace.
For receiving notification from 365andup.com, through Microsoft Teams follow these steps:
- Sign into Microsoft Teams.
- Enable incoming webhooks:
- Goto Apps window
- Find the app Incoming Webhooks
- Click Add to a team
- Find the team and select it
- Provide a name for the Webhook
This will create a Webhook URL, copy it from the page
Open the Alerts Section in 365andUP and find Microsoft Teams.
Click the Add button ( + ) to add the URL.
Paste the URL copied from Microsoft Teams
Alert sent us an SMS to the registered mobile number.
Email to which the notification alert to be sent.
This section shows basic information of user. This section mainly consists of a form to update the user details. User/creator can provide user data if he/she wants to edit the information and save it whenever he/she needs to. Among all fields, account id and creator/owner email cannot be edited.
Also there are three tiles for showing overall summary of added tasks. Total number of tests, suspended tests and error tests are showed here.
In this section, there are two options for user. First, users can “Transfer Account” to another email address. In this case, both old and new email can be used to login to the same account.
Second, users can “Transfer and Terminate Login”. This means the account can be transferred to new email address. But unlike the first option, the login using previous email address will not be possible. In both cases, user can add an explanation to their departure, which is optional.
Upgrading a Plan
In this section, users can select the plans from 3 categories; free, basic and premium, which are available on monthly and yearly subscription.
The current plan will be labeled ‘current plan’ and can be upgraded to other plans by clicking the “UPGRADE PLAN” button shown below the pricing tag.
The plan details and privileges are shown in a tabular structure. On clicking a row, it will expand and display the features available on each plan.
When you click on “upgrade plan”, a popup window will appear. If you have already added card details, then you will be lead to “payment summary”, wherein you can enter a promo code if you have one.
If you haven’t added card details, you will be prompted to add card details and then to “payment summary”.
User and Roles
Here user can create new users and define roles with desired permission settings.
In this section, the existing users are shown in table.
Also The owner can create a new user by clicking the ADD USER button, which will navigate to new page.
In create new user page, creator should give new email address. After that creator can assign ROLES to that user. There are three predefined roles: Owner, Admin and User. Apart from that, creator can also select “Addon Roles”, which the creator can create and define in the ROLE section. After selecting the role, the permissions are displayed in tile right next to the roles. After the proper selections, the creator can save the user. At the time of saving, a request for approval will be sent to the email address. The user creation will be complete once the confirmation mail is accepted by the user.
Here the list of defined roles that are assigned to particular user will be displayed. A default role will be there named Owner.
Also there is a button ADD ROLE. On clicking, it navigates to ‘add new role page’. From there the creator can create new roles by providing the role name. There are many sections inside the dashboard, and four permissions (view, modify, add, remove). Creator can check the box and decide the permissions for that particular role at each section.
After saving the new roles, it can be assigned to new users.
The created roles are visible under “Addon roles” inside create new user page.
- Available Payment Methods
- Billing details
In this section, the current plan details and the next billing date are displayed. There is also an option to change current plan. The plans can be upgraded but not downgraded.
Available Payment Methods
In this section, user can add his/her card details for payment using ADD NEW CARD button. The added card details are shown in table and user can remove one if necessary (card removal is possible only if there is more than one card added). There is also option to choose a default card from added ones.
In this section user can add his/her details. The email address field will be auto filled, to which the invoices are emailed. Other details are optional. After filling accordingly, user have to save the changes.
The invoices are created after each billing date. The details are shown in table and user can view each invoice in pdf format.
The user will be alerted when there is any detection in the monitoring. For that, user have to provide an “alert group” when configuring a monitor task. The group can be created in this section.
This section also contains:
- A table containing list of alert group already created by user. There is an EDIT option to each alert group.
- A form to configure new group.
In each alert group we can configure:
- Name: Name identifier.
- Alert delay: The time delay of alert after any detection.
- Email: email to which the notification alert is to be sent.
- Mobile number: Mobile number to which alert is sent as SMS.
- Zendesk, Freshworks, Slack: These are other platforms that are commonly used for managing group projects. The user should share a particular key of their account in order to get notified through these platforms.
Customer feedbacks helps us to grow everyday.If there is any bug or a problem, users can send a feedback to 365andUP.
For sending a feedback, one has to go to the page where the problem is found, and then click the feedback icon.
Thus the URL of the problem page will be automatically integrated to the feedback form. User cannot edit this field.
One can explain the problem in description box provided, also there is an option to upload files like relevant screenshots.
Add new task
- Name: Proper name to identify tasks.
- Protocol: protocol to connect with the website.
- Domain: website domain name to be monitored.
- Get Pages: This button needs to be clicked. When clicked, all URLs under the entered domain will be fetched and displayed in a table. From the table, user can select up to 10 URLs to the monitor task, which will be monitored. User can get the domain monitored under automatic threshold value (0% errors). Or user can manually configure the threshold value of each URL as well as each parameter/contents.
- Monitoring interval: Required test interval.
- Alert groups: User can select alert groups from already created ones or create a new one and proceed.
User can create and configure new tasks using add new tile in defacement summary page.
This section contains a common summary display of all defacement tasks (good, error, suspended and total counts). The values are clickable and can be used to filter the tasks by good, error, suspended or total tasks. Also there is a tile to add new tasks.
- A toggle button to switch between list view and grid (default) view.
- A search bar for tasks using task name.
- Tiles in either grid view or list view to show each task added by user. Scan status, task name, URL can be viewed in the tile. There are three dots as a short menu option for edit, suspend/activate or delete the task/tile.
- Pagination to switch between pages if there are more tasks.
- Scroll to top button.
Defacement Result page
- Edit, activate/suspend and delete buttons are present.
- The details of the task is also shown( task name, URL, test Interval ).
- The scan details are shown in a tabular structure, in which the test URL, its status and details are shown.
If the status is good for a column and user clicks on details button, then the expanded row will only show a “NO CHANGE” message.
If the status is critical for a column and user clicks on details button, then the expanded row will show a section which contains some tabs on top (scan parameters like: iframe, images etc.). The defaced parameter will be red in color and other parameters will be in blue. On clicking the red colored tab, user can see the reference contents and the new current(defaced) contents. Also a count of number of tags is shown below both reference and current content and their difference is clearly shown.
SSL Home Page
Two sections: SSL Summary and SSL Tests.
- Overall summary of all SSL task status (good, error, suspended and total count of tasks). The values are clickable. Clicking will filter the tasks and show in the SSL Tasks section.
- Add new Task button allows user to add and configure new test.
- Button to toggle between Grid and List view ( picture 2).
- A search field for tasks.
- Task tile for each task added. Each tile contains a brief summary of that particular task. Clicking on the tile, page navigates to the detailed result section. An icon for expanding the options box within the tile helps to edit, activate/suspend or delete the particular task (confirmation box comes before deletion).
- Pagination if there are more tasks.
- Scroll to top button.
SSL Result Page
Three sections: Status details, Server certificate details, Certificate chain details.
Like all result pages, there is Edit, Activate/Suspend and Delete button.
The main section shows the information like:
- Domain to be scanned.
- Days remaining for certificate expiry.
- Date of issue of certificates.
- Certificate expiry date.
- Interval/frequency of scans
Server Certificate, Certificate Chain
This section shows the details of the provider and receiver (Common name & Organisation) of corresponding certificates. Also the encryption algorithm and Fingerprint are shown.
Adding New Task
User can create and configure new tasks by providing some details:
- Name: A name to identify the task.
- Protocol: protocol used for testing. Three options are available (https -default, smtps, ftps).
- Domain: domain name of the website to be scanned.
- Port: port to connect.
- Monitoring Interval: Required scan interval/frequency.
- Alert before: The number of days before which the user should be notified on certificate expiry.
- Alert groups: User can select the preconfigured alert group. If there are no alert group already set; there is an option to navigate towards the ‘create alert group’ page.
How to Add a Website Monitoring
In order to add a website monitor test, you must provide a 'test name'. This name is used to identify your tests among multiple website tests you add.
Next you have to enter a valid test url . We would suggest you to load the desired website on a browser and copy the url .
At what interval you would want us to check your website? You can select the test interval from 1 minute and upwards.
Next you are requested to select the alert group which should receive the incident alerts. The alert group is a list of contacts to whom the alerts would be forwarded. These alert groups need to be created beforehand so that we can use those alert groups here .
We have multiple servers located in multiple regions, which you can select as per your plan. The site would be tested for availability from the number of " confirmation servers" you select and the site would be marked “ down “, only if the site is found down from all these servers.
We have multiple servers on different regions. You can select the servers from these locations available on your plan. We recommend selecting your business regions.
Advanced HTTP Configuration
In this section you are requested to configure HTTP request configurations.
Here you can select HTTP methods GET, POST and HEAD.
To test a website, most appropriate method is GET; and for an API end point, http method could be GET or POST.
And the last method is HEAD .The HEAD method asks for a response identical to that of a GET request, but without the response body. This is useful for retrieving meta-information written in response headers, without having to transport the entire content.
If you select POST method you must provide the additional information like Request Body . As you all knows Request body can be in the form of ‘FORM data’ or ‘JSON Data’ you should select one of them and provide the data in the input box .
If you want to add additional http request headers you can use this section to add those extra headers. This is an optional field.
The next field “Basic Auth” is optional and only needs to be used if the website you are monitoring requires user authorization.
If you opt GET or POST in the previous section then you are allowed to use this Content Monitoring section.
This allow you to make sure that a certain 'text' is present on the website. We alert you when ever this 'text' goes missing on the website
This allow you to make sure that a certain 'text' is NOT present on the website. We alert you when ever this 'text' comes up on the website. Multiple use cases are terms like “hacked” or “ 404 not present for which you might have any custom term”.
As the name describes if you want the text to be case-sensitive or not.